Monday, August 9, 2010

Chirpity Chirp.

So you already know I'm a total bookworm...

My mother-in-law was in town a few weeks back - which gave me and the hubby a much-needed date night. But where did we venture? Not the movies. Not a fancy French restaurant. After a quick visit to a local coffee shop (mmmm...frappuccino), we made a mad dash to Barnes and Noble. A slight deviation from my usual trip to Border's, but I have to admit it was nice to browse a new place.

I quickly headed to the children's section and scooped up a few childhood favorites. And when I found a familiar copy of The Cricket in Times Square, I squealed in kiddish delight. I wrote a book report about this terrific find in the third grade - and I absolutely adore the pen and ink illustrations inside. I flipped through it right then and there...poor Taylor just stood at my side and nodded. He had no emotional attachment to the book.

I've already started reading this precious little story to Cailean. Keep in mind he's only 5 months old, so I guess I'm mostly reading it to myself and trying to keep him on my lap. We're already on chapter 8.

If you haven't read this book, I highly recommend it! Even if you don't have kids, pick up a copy and read it to your spouse, boyfriend, dog, cat - whoever! I promise it will brighten your day.

Until next time - chirp, chirp!

No comments:

Post a Comment