Saturday, December 19, 2009

A Little Sip of Heaven...

It's funny how a pregnant woman can crave coffee.

But for some strange reason, Iced Mocha drinks from Panera Bread have been at the forefront of my list lately. Maybe it's because I secretly need an energy boost? All. The. Time. And although caffeine isn't exactly something that should be included in my pregnancy diet, I do tend to splurge every now and then (don't worry, I never drink more than the recommended 2 cups per day). In fact, I keep myself in check by sharing with my hubby. Sure, it's a hard thing to do, but I'm sure Baby Coleman appreciates my efforts.

So in my attempt to find a caffeine-free alternative, I stumbled upon the supposed Panera recipe on the internet:

The Ingredients
2 oz. Frozen Cappuccino Mix (I'll be making mine with decaf!)
7 oz. half and half
7 oz. ice
3 tbsp Hershey's Chocolate Syrup
whipped cream (optional)

Directions
1. Combine Frozen Cappuccino Mix with half and half, chocolate syrup, and ice.
2. Blend to a smooth consistency.
3. Poor into a mug or glass right away - and top with whipped cream/chocolate syrup.

Seems simple enough. Now to dust off my blender...

No comments:

Post a Comment