Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Big Easy.

 The big easy.

Or rather, not-so-easy-when-you-have-two-small-children.

This past week, my hubby and I made our first airplane trip with BOTH kiddos. When we booked the flights, we were a little intimidated. He wasn't too keen on dragging two screaming babies through airport security. I wasn't too keen on breastfeeding 30,000 feet in the air.

But security was a breeze (I just carried our four-month-old right through the metal detector). Breastfeeding in public - and in mid-flight - was inconvenient, but not nearly as tough as I thought it would be. Most people just ignored me - especially when they realized what was going on under my blanket...the kicking baby feet gave it away.

The main reason for our journey was to participate in my brother-in-law's steamboat wedding. It took place aboard the Natchez. It was sweet and simple and outside on the deck. My hubby was the best man. My oldest child was the ring bearer. We ate cake and watched the water and met new family members. We saw the areas most devastated by Katrina - and left feeling a bit more thankful than we were when we arrived.

Somehow, in some way, this trip brought us together as a family unit. Maybe it was out of survival. Maybe it's just something that happens on vacations. But when I came home, I really appreciated things a little more...

 Cafe du Monde. Yummy!

 Wedding cake.

 French Quarter wandering...

Fancy hotel - thanks to my hubby's hotel points. He travels a lot for his job. Although it's inconvenient, it does have occasional perks!

Overall, it was a good trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment