Monday, January 28, 2013

Our new addition.





Mommyhood has been so good to my life. To my blog, not so much.

It's been months since I've sat at my computer and done something non-Etsy related. But here I finally sit, surrounded by toys and clutter, coffee cup rings stamped across the surface of my desk. It's a miracle!

As you can see, our baby boy has arrived! His name is Tristan. He's snuggly. And chunky. And smiley. We love him so. He was born a few weeks early on December 9th (6 pounds, 8 ounces / 19.5 inches long), and it's been a wonderful whirlwind since.

The house is a mess. There are burp rags everywhere. I can't remember anything. But I must admit, it's simply perfect to be this chaotic. These days will never be again, and when my children are grown, I will miss the chaos.

That said, big brother Cailean has adjusted pretty well. The jealousy finally kicked in when Tristan was a month old - and I really couldn't blame Cailean. The little guy had Mommy and Daddy's full attention for nearly three years of life. Although he doesn't understand everything now, I truly believe we gave him the greatest gift. He'll always have a brother. A companion. A best friend. It will be so much fun to watch them grow up together.

Well, Cailean just tumbled into my office and asked me to see his "sand castle" in the living room (everything he builds at the moment is a castle), so that's my cue. I promise I will update as soon as I can.

Until next time, I'll be here. Embracing the chaos :)

No comments:

Post a Comment