Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Nursery Time!

Although Baby Coleman won't be here until March, I couldn't help myself when it came to thinking about the nursery. I have already made several trips to my local Lowe's...each time coming back with a tiny can of sample paint. I have had some trouble deciding on the perfect gender-neutral color for the walls. Taylor and I decided we didn't want to go for the traditional pink or blue look. Yet we were sick of the butter yellow that has been in the room since we moved in.

The verdict? The perfect inbetween shade of blue-green...a color called Pillow Mint to be exact. I'm currently working on painting the upper rim of the walls, leaving the ceiling white. I can't wait to find out what we're having. We're going to use our accessories to make the room boy or girl appropriate. But for now, take a look at the disastrous "before" photo. Yikes. It looks like the attic will be getting some additional pieces soon.

A new, finished nursery photo will emerge in months to come! Any suggestions? Leave me a comment!

2 comments:

  1. We didn't want to do the pink or blue either, but I wanted gender specific paint so we had to wait til we found out...Violet's room is a bright shade of purple! It took a while to pick the right shade, but it's called like sugarplum or something. And we picked the purple paint before we picked her name so it wasn't planned or anything corny like that! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you want to create a little mural in the nursery? I am positive that you can make a beautiful picture of one (or many) african nimals on the wall.

    ReplyDelete