Monday, May 30, 2011

Shabby Chic Lamp.



In preparation for the big move (just 2 short weeks away), I've been purchasing a lot of new things for my soon-to-be home. Curtains, rugs, pillows...the list goes on and on!

Well, as much fun as shopping can be, it can empty your wallet in one short trip. So I decided to take a thrifty approach and give new life to an old lamp. My grandma gave me this one a few years ago in honor of our first home purchase. I never really found the right spot for it, and well, it had one of the ugliest shades on earth. And I wasn't exactly crazy about the brass color. It was hideous.

Not anymore! A few coats of paint and a new white shade from Target has given it a fresher, shabby chic look (a fad I'm totally digging right now!). I actually used a leftover sample can of paint from Lowes (Glidden's Cool As A Cucumber) to give it a new color. I was considering this shade for Cailean's nursery before I chose Pillow Mint.

Love it! Can't wait for it to brighten up my new space!

No comments:

Post a Comment