Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Makeover Madness: Aqua and Brown.

This past weekend, our lovely realtor hosted our very first open house! Yes, we are in the process of leaving the city we have called home for the past 8 years.

It's definitely bittersweet, but we are excited to move closer to our friends and family. In preparation for the big event, I decided to spruce up our living room. I've been itching to do this anyway, so I used the open house as an excuse to turn our green and red decor into an aqua and brown oasis...

Before
Our space boasted a red rug, gold mirror, green curtains, and no accessories...

After
Now we have bunches of new aqua pillows, new shimmery curtains, fresh accessories, and a freshly-painted mirror (I used chrome spray paint - about $6 a can). The rug was a birthday gift from my family.

Not a huge change, but the space feels a lot more homey. And I look forward to enjoying it until our big moving day! Now we just have to find the perfect buyer :)

Happy decorating!

1 comment:

  1. It looked lovely before your makeover and looks fantastic after too! Sue x

    ReplyDelete