Sunday, March 13, 2011

Recipe Rave: Mexican Turkey Burger

These past few weeks, I've been doing my best to encourage my carnivore hubby to adopt a healthier lifestyle. At first he was a bit resistant, but after losing 8 pounds, he's really started to see how great eating healthy can be!

I've learned a lot during this process - cooking isn't exactly my cup of tea. But I've really been trying my hardest to create yummy, man-friendly meals that will keep my guy full and focused.

So yesterday I created something I'm going to call the Mexican Turkey Burger. So easy and fast!

Ingredients:

- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 2 light english muffins
- 1 100 calorie pack of guacamole
- package of spicy potato fries (find 'em in the freezer section)
- red pepper flake
- seasoning salt
- olive oil

To make:

Start best mushing up the meat in a big bowl. Add the red pepper flake and seasoning salt (depending on how spicy and salty you like your burgers). Form patties with your hands and add them to a non-stick pan at medium heat. I added a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil to the pan to keep things from sticking. Cook for 5-7 minutes per side, or until the centers are no longer pink.

Toast your english muffins. Once burgers are finished cooking, smear half of the container of guacamole on each muffin. Add burger and top with other half of the muffin.

Meanwhile, cook the frozen fries in the oven for about 20 minutes - or according to the package. I like to broil mine for a crispy skin.

There you have it! So simple, so fast, so tasty! Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment