Friday, November 19, 2010

Fashion Friday #1: Girly Plaid.

Welcome to my first Fashion Friday!

With cooler weather coming in, I'm starting to have a lot more fun with my wardrobe - mixing and matching different textures, colors, and lengths. I thought my new fashion ventures would be a great opportunity to let my readers know what I'm wearing. Best of all, looking stylish doesn't have to cost a fortune! So here goes...

My first look is something I call Girly Plaid.

I love the look of a crinkly plaid shirt in a somewhat masculine color scheme (black, gray, and teal) mixed with something uber feminine like black patent Steve Madden heels. I created this look after getting my latest Old Navy purchase in the mail last night - the plaid shirt you see above. At $14, it was a total steal. It's comfy and light, and can be worn in either warm or cool months.

When I tried the shirt on, I discovered a baggy cut. I like my shirts a bit more fitted, so I cinched it with a black belt to give a more hourglass, girly shape. Skinny jeans, Etsy jewelry, straight hair, and heels really gave this outfit a more complete finish.



Fashion
Shirt, $14, OldNavy.com. Skinny Jeans, Hydralic Jeans. Heels, Steve Madden. Crystal Earrings, Etsy.com - madebysam.

Makeup
Lips - Hard Candy Visibly Wet Pencil and Clinique High Impact in Citrus Rose
Eyes - Cover Girl Eye Enhancers in Champagne and Brown Smolder

No comments:

Post a Comment